Monday, March 1, 2010

First (real) Day in LA!

Hello everybody!

Sorry I have not been able to post at all on here since I started the blog but I felt like I should today.
Well Kristen and I arrived in LA yesterday afternoon and did fun touristy things all night. We went out to dinner with Mike, who is the head of our Communications Department for the College of Arts and Letters . After a huge dinner because we were starving we went around the Chinese Theater and looked at all of the stars and found our favorite poeple. Also, we went and were really dorky and put our hands in the celebrity's hands in the cement and of course like any girl I had to look for Marilyn Monroe and OUR HANDS ARE THE SAME SIZE! (very exciting i know).

Anyways, so that was yesterday.

Today we got up had a really niec breakfast at the hotel and went to do a fitting with Suzy. She is so nice, fun and SO down to earth its amazing. The dress is coming along and she looks absolutely beautiful in it, i can not wait until it is finished.

At the fitting Suzy invited me to sit in on a "think tank" where she invited local designers and others that are involved in sustainable fashion design to discuss how to make fashion more sustainable and get the word out to big name designers to try and start focusing on this important topic. The meeting went really well and i am so glad that she invited me. I learned so much and met some really great, inspirational people.

Tomorrow I will be going on a tour of Muse Elementary which is the school that Suzy and her sister, Rebecca founded. I am really excited to go and see what great work they are doing there.
http://museelementary.org/
After that i have another fitting hopefully alot more fun!
Tell you more soon!

Jillian M.

No comments:

Post a Comment