Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dear, Sweet Boy



This post is mostly for me, but maybe it can help anyone else who reads it...

Just recently, May 22, 2010; I lost someone very dear to me. Gregory Lankford was my friend and love for the last 6 years of my life and being recently 22 years old, that means so much. Although we were both incredibly stubborn and silly for the last few months I still love him with all of my being and could never forget the wonderful memories that we shared; there was always the hope that our future plans would fall together once more...




For those of you who have ever lost someone so close to you, I am so sorry. I have had many people die in my life but never anyone that I was this close to, no one that made it hurt this badly. This might be because this is the only person who left this life WAY before his time and the fact that his death was a tragic accident that could have been avoided makes it much worse.

Greg was a wonderful constant in my life for so long and we had so many dreams together, we were even engaged. The thought of him no longer being here to randomly call or text KILLS ME and I have been having such a hard time just being alone because the thoughts of him enter my mind every second it is open. The fact is, that Gregory died from improperly handling a gun whilst drinking, something that he used to do alot; but should have been told more how stupid this could be (though, if anyone knows him, they know he wouldn't listen). I saw him, saw his room; I just still can not bring myself to believe that the world is a little emptier, a little less beautiful because he is not in it.





























Greg was the biggest dreamer I knew, he saw beauty in the most common objects and in the most fascinating people. Greg had the heart of an artist. Greg had the most loving personality of anyone I have ever known and the most beautiful blue eyes you couldn't even believe were real. I will miss his "baby blues" as I so fondly called them when asking him to show them to me, and his wonderful smile that was so contagious; everyday of my life.


1 comment:

  1. Jill,
    Just stumbled upon your blog about Greg. It's beautiful... and I LOVE the picture of Greg in the middle of a belly laugh. You ended it perfectly with the picture of him on the beach with his back to the camera. It inspired me to print that picture and know even though I can't see his face, he is always with me. What a beautiful tribute. ~♥~ xox

    ReplyDelete