Friday, May 21, 2010

We went as Designers, Left as Coyotes


Tennessee... what will I do without you? Besides be happy forever?! What ever happened to 'southern hospitality'?? HUH? HUH?

So after the Red Carpet Green Dress adventure that I had (which was so wonderful and I am so not complaining about that in any way!!!) my class was invited to do a fashion show in Nashville. Suzy was so impressed by the submissions from MSU that we were invited to be the opening for Profetik's fashion show at the end of April.
We left MSU at 4am, were on a bus for 10 whole hours and finally arrived and were so excited! Only to be soon disappointed by the whole thing. We soon found out that we were basically there as free help and felt like such a joke.

Us unloading all of our dresses and mannequins into the
venue Note: most of these pics are taken by the wonderful Melissa Viloria Vongpunsawad

So we get there, have to set everything up, and are given absolutely no direction as to what we were supposed to be doing, where our models were(when we only had half the amount of models we needed) and then were treated quite rudely after all of this because it was apparently our fault they weren't telling us anything.

We had a silent auction before the show and that was really fun, the auction was to raise money for Suzy's school Muse (that the RCGD Competition was for as well) Suzy and Jim were there so I got to see them again and that was so wonderful when Suzy saw me and called me from across the room I just felt so cool!!!

Here is them and myself with my dress at the silent auction


Well whatever, we did the show (after no food or drink for 13 hours-they were supposed to supply it for us and did not.)
Our portion of the show went so beautifully and we were so proud of ourselves, especially after seeing the absolute failure that their show was... LETS JUST SAY, A HORSE POO-ED ON THE RUNWAY. THAT BASICALLY SUMS UP THE TRIP.

Here are a few images taken of my model on the runway she was only 16 and I loved her!:



And, Because its HILARIOUS that I had to model because they didn't supply us with enough (for your viewing pleasure):
Modeling for Melissa Viloria Vongpunsawad



My friend Katie Woods and myself, happy to be home, sad that its cold, rainy Michigan.


All in all, a great experience and the girls and I had a wonderful time the next night we were there... although-I wont be posting pictures as they might be a bit incriminating ;) (hugs and winks!)

xxo Jillian!



1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Just saw this when googling myself to make sure I'm not a hot mess on the internet! Thanks for the photo by's. Hope all is well!

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete